Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy Beltane

Wishing you a happy and merry Beltane!


When I was younger, my sister and I would make May Day baskets for our neighbors.  The tradition is to deliver the baskets without being seen.  If you are seen you owe them a kiss as well as the basket.  Every year our neighbors caught us!  I now wonder if my Mom told them we were coming...

Beltane is one of my favorite holidays.  I love the dancing, the may pole, the flowers, the baskets.  I remember vividly celebrating this day as a child with my Mom and Sister, being silly and having fun. 

If you would like to know more about this pagan holiday click here.

Do you celebrate Beltane?  What are your traditions for this holiday?
Jessica



No comments:

Post a Comment

Persephone

  PERSEPHONE June 6, 2019 6:00 pm {MDT ~ USA} Crowning Elements “But when the earth shall bloom with the fragrant flowers of spring in every...