Monday, April 8, 2013

Bead Fest

A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of attending Bead Fest in Santa Fe, New Mexico.  It was a beautiful day and the hour drive north from Albuquerque was a nice change from my daily routine.  After much circling about looking for a place to park, I finally entered the Bead Fest exhibitors hall.  My of my...so many beads...where to begin.  I was able to find several goodies that I will share here.  
{I'm keeping a few a secret so you can be surprised}


Aren't the patinas on these filigrees fantastic!  And I'm looking forward to etching more metals. 

 
I couldn't resist all these beautiful agates.

I was able to find a few amulets and I just loved the matching stone sets.  
I've already used a few of them in some new pendulums.

More filigrees...hoping to include some of these in a few new soldering projects.

When I finished all of my shopping {more like I ran out of money!}  I took a stroll through The Plaza, the heart of Santa Fe.  I just love all the architecture and the history.



I was also lucky enough to stumble upon on of my favorite musicians, Roark Barron.  
He is an amazing Harpist. 

http://roarkbarron.com/
I usually only get to see him perform live during the Santa Fe Renaissance Faire.  So to hear his wonderful music drifting through the plaza was a pleasant surprise.  Needless to say, I pulled up a seat and had a good listen.  It was a lovely way to end a productive day of supply shopping. 

Now I better get busy making some stuff with all of these wonderful finds.
Off to the studio...
Jessica



No comments:

Post a Comment

Persephone

  PERSEPHONE June 6, 2019 6:00 pm {MDT ~ USA} Crowning Elements “But when the earth shall bloom with the fragrant flowers of spring in every...