Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Rio Grande Valley Celtic Festival

This weekend was the annual Rio Grande Valley Celtic Festival.  My friend Kate has two Scotty dogs that were part of the Celtic Dog Exhibit, which got us both in for FREE!  We had a great time talking with everyone, untangling dog leashes, and getting rather sunburnt!

Celtic Festival 2011
The Pipe Bands play "Amazing Grace"

Who can resist bagpipes...get's my Irish blood stirring!!

Celtic Festival 2011
Coleman Academy of Irish Step Dance
And the step dancing had my toes tapping!  Maybe I will take a lesson.
 
Celtic Festival 2011
Kegan!
This is one of Kate's Scotties. His name is Kegan and he is a total goofball. Ula was too camera shy.

Celtic Festival 2011
New Celtic Ring
I got a fantastic deal on this Blue Topaz Celtic Ring. Kate bought an Amethyst Celtic Ring which is very similar. I call them our "Wonder Twins Rings".  (Can you tell I live in the desert.  I had just put on hand lotion before taking this photo.  I guess it didn't last.  YIKES!)

As you can see we had great time.  What did you do this weekend?
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Persephone

  PERSEPHONE June 6, 2019 6:00 pm {MDT ~ USA} Crowning Elements “But when the earth shall bloom with the fragrant flowers of spring in every...