Sunday, March 20, 2011

The day after the Super Moon...

Wow!  The "Super Moon" lived up to all the hype.  I thought I would share these photos taken by fellow Albuquerque-an Alix King.  He has an amazing eye and was able to create some stunning images. 

Full Moon Rising Over Sandias 3.19.2011

© Alix King 2011
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alixking/5542012142/
The Sandia Mountains are west of the city.  I love this shot because you can see the mountains silhouetted on the moon's face and the lights of the city look so small.  Helps to put things in perspective for me spiritually.


Full Moon Setting Over Lomas Blvd. 3.19.2011

© Alix King 2011
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alixking/5540109976/
I like the juxtaposition of the two worlds, the urban and the mystical. 

Did you get any photos of the "Super Moon"?  Or were you too busy dancing under it's glow?

Also...



Happy Ostara!

Curious about this pagan holiday?  Find out more here.

Jessica

2 comments:

  1. Sean and I went out last night and he captured some pretty good pictures of the moon with the clouds. Don't have a link for you, Sean hasn't posted them anywhere yet!
    I really like that first picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the first picture too, Julie. I can't believe how big the moon looks! And I love the color.

    ReplyDelete

Persephone

  PERSEPHONE June 6, 2019 6:00 pm {MDT ~ USA} Crowning Elements “But when the earth shall bloom with the fragrant flowers of spring in every...